You are on page 1of 2

Morong, Bataan Facts: Lies in the western part of the province of Bataan, bounded on the west by South China

hina Sea, Bagac in the south, Abucay, Samal, and Orani in the east, Hermosa and Dinalupihan in the northwest and Zambales in the north. Approximately 50.48 kilometers from the capital town of Balanga and about 174 kilometers from Manila. Its total land area is 21,920.00 hectares or 15% of the total land area of Bataan. Has a total population of 27,119, comprising about 3.41% of the total population of the province of Bataan; it is the least populated among the twelve municipalities.

Historical Facts: The town of Morong was originally known as "Bayandati" When the Spaniards came to the Philippines, some of them arrived at this place. Some Moro thieves and traders have also gone to this place that's why the town was called "Moron". Moron was established by the Franciscan friars in 1578. The name "Moron'" was later changed to Morong by the former Congressman of Bataan Jose R. Nuguid in accordance of Republic Act No. 1249 which was approved by the National Assembly on June 10, 1955. The first road connecting Morong to Balanga was finished in 1969. Before that, the people of Morong use small boats and paraws to transport their goods to Manila and Olonggapo. *note: paraws are bancas with sails Major Industries Mango/cashew production Basketry with materials coming from jungle vines. Vinegar making from nipa palm Tourism through beautiful and untapped beaches of Morong

Amenities The Bataan Nuclear Power Plant, which was supposed to generate 620 MW of power before it was mothballed is likewise located in Morong, Bataan. There is one Postal Office servicing the municipality while the Bureau of Telecommunications services telegrams and telegraphs. At present, there is no existing telecommunication system within the municipality. The means of communication is through two-way radios and cellular phones. The Hermosa Savings Bank is the only bank operating in the area.